Day 12

I have this recurring dream that really scares me. I wake up in a cold sweat with my heart racing. It's the kind of dream that makes me want to go check on the kids, as if they were still babies and I repeatedly felt the need to check to see if they were breathing. It makes me want to double check the doors and windows and make sure they are locked. Last night I had that dream again and woke up and placed my hand on my heart. Instantly I felt the beating slow back down and a sense of calm came over me. That rarely happens so quickly.  I laid back down and fell asleep right away. That rarely happens too.  So, today I am thankful for that quick feeling that He is with me even in the bad dream, to wake me and assure me that everything is alright.


#30daysofthanksgiving

Comments

Popular Posts