Turning away
I am not turning away from God. I know he exists and I see Him in the Good.
I am, however turning away from all that is not Like Jesus. That doesn't mean I am perfect. In fact it means I am far from it and for that reason I need to focus on something that I know is right and Good in this world full of wrong and bad.
I can only focus on Him, because even in the end, He will have been the only one with me always, always whispering in my ear, always encouraging, always teaching, and never leaving me even in my trials and doubts.
Politics and the media have hardened me lately, but I hear that whisper saying, "Focus on me and I will show you the way." I just don't know what to believe about things, so I just listen close and use the common sense I have.
I just have so many questions and wonder why my common sense doesn't make sense to others.

Comments