Lost her...

My kitty is gone.

I will admit, I didn't like her much at first. I thought I would. My Sharlee kitty died and I "needed" a snuggly kitty in the house again, so we rescued Keiko from the pound. She was so regal, sitting in the back of her cage. When we got her home, she wouldn't come out from under the bed for months.  In time, she began to think she owned the place.  Soon enough, she did. She came and went on her own time and schedule.  She wasn't really interested in snuggling with me still. I think she knew that I was using her as a replacement and she didn't like that idea. She didn't play second fiddle well.

Years passed and with each one she came closer to winning my heart. 

She would seek me out.
She had her own demand meow for petting and food, just for me.
She would bug me for attention.

Did she know that soon she was going on a long journey and I'd need thanks and appreciation for saving her?

Did she know that you should never leave this world without showing the people you love how you feel, even if it's by incessantly demanding attention?

Did she know her journey was ending and wanted to spare us the expense?

I wish I knew where she went and what happened.
I wish I knew her better.

But, I think she knew...

Comments

Popular Posts