Brag on!

I recently heard someone say that bragging is a pet peeve of theirs. Here is my take on bragging:

First of all, let's define the word bragging.

According to the Cambridge dictionary, bragging is defined as

"to speak with pride, often with too much pride, about something you have done or something you possess."

I believe you should be able to speak with pride about anything you are proud of.

I believe, if you are proud of people (your own children, spouse, friends, family, people you respect) you should speak often about them.

Brag about people!!!!!!  Listen to people brag about people!!!! We have so much negativity in the world, so let's brag about any and all positive accomplishments.

Granted, some people take it too far. But when it comes to people, brag on.

Now, if the things you are bragging about leave the realm of people and relationships into the materialistic things in life, that's when I feel the cringe come on.

This doesn't mean you can't tell people about material things, of course. The people who love you want to know and love to see you have things that make you happy.  The bragging part goes back to the definition that says "with too much pride." You got a new Prada purse. Awesome! I love it! You got one everyday? Oh...that's cool....next?

In a nutshell,  I love to hear all about the accomplishments of the people and animals I love and like in my life.  I love to hear bragging about kids...any kids.  I love to hear positive stories and blessings! I really can't get enough. But, I will join the masses that peeve off at materialistic braggings.

We should all want for good and positive accomplishments for ourselves and the others in our world.  I say, brag on!

Comments

Popular Posts