Disappointing you was unintentional.
I am realizing, more so as I age, that I cannot please everyone. I am not what everyone needs. I don't say the right thing sometimes and I don't do the right things sometimes.
The problem is, that I want to still.
It hurts me when it's obvious that someone who I was once close to, friends and/or family, really wants nothing to do with me anymore.
I spend time wondering what happened, what I did, or didn't do. I am not needed anymore. I am not what they need anymore. I don't serve a purpose to them anymore.
I start feeling really bad.
Then, I remember that since whatever I did was truly unintentional, and unknown (because there is no communication) that I can't spend anymore time worrying about it.
I am needed by some. I am important to a few, and that is all that matters.
When I am gone, I will be remembered by those people who take the time to be real with me and accept me for who I am...
...not who they expected me to be.
Bottom line:
People will disappoint you.
People will do things you wouldn't.
Accept that 98% of the time it's unintentional.
Love them anyway, or don't.

Comments