Energy bursts and fizzles




 Today was my 5th Taxol chemo treatment and I've noticed a pattern.   The premeds have benadryl in it so I am initially a bit sleepy, but then I get this burst of energy. It's not energy to do all the things. It's energy to THINK all the things. I think about everything I have to do, all that is wrong in my world and all that is right in my world. I have slept, cried, been angry, contemplated running away and pissed a few people off with my overthinking out loud all within half a day.


I have found music and water (soaking either the tub or hot tub) give my brain and soul a purpose. They are a helpful mix.


What are some song lyrics that really move you? 


Tonight, for me it's 3 songs on repeat. 

Too Much Heaven by The Bee Gees

Pig by Dave Matthews Band

I Got You by Danny Gokey


The energy will fizzle later in the week. 

For now, I'll look for the lessons.


If you read this far, maybe leave a song recommendation that moves you?



Comments

Tami said…
Not really a song that moves me in the normal sense, but it definitely resonates. It's sort of my anthem these days.

What's Up by 4 Non Blondes

Popular Posts