Which season are you?
"People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. When you figure out which it is, you'll know exactly what to do." ~Michelle Ventor
So, hi there!
Can I ask you, straight up, which season you will be here for?
Will you be here for the sunny days, when I'm here to entertain you, include you, take you on fun adventures, go to camp, lay in the warm sun on the beach? Will you be the one sharing my good season? Will you be all over my instagram; A selfie at the park, at the mall, taking duck face pics in the mirror in the public restroom?
Or, will you be here for the cold days, when I need someone to grab a coat and join me for a walk in the rain?
Perhaps you'll be with me until someone says you shouldn't.
Perhaps you'll leave when I'm no longer entertaining.
You'll say you just drifted apart and had different interests.
Maybe you'll say I just didn't make you feel good about yourself, so you left.....to heck with me.
But, maybe, you'll be someone who stays to wade the leaves, the waves, the snow drifts and jump in the puddles with me for season after season.
Maybe you'll be someone who cares about me everyday, not just after the funeral, when you'll wish you smiled in the halls more, or acknowledged that I existed still.
Which season will you join me in? I need to know which coat I should bring...
So, hi there!
Can I ask you, straight up, which season you will be here for?
Will you be here for the sunny days, when I'm here to entertain you, include you, take you on fun adventures, go to camp, lay in the warm sun on the beach? Will you be the one sharing my good season? Will you be all over my instagram; A selfie at the park, at the mall, taking duck face pics in the mirror in the public restroom?
Or, will you be here for the cold days, when I need someone to grab a coat and join me for a walk in the rain?
Perhaps you'll be with me until someone says you shouldn't.
Perhaps you'll leave when I'm no longer entertaining.
You'll say you just drifted apart and had different interests.
Maybe you'll say I just didn't make you feel good about yourself, so you left.....to heck with me.
But, maybe, you'll be someone who stays to wade the leaves, the waves, the snow drifts and jump in the puddles with me for season after season.
Maybe you'll be someone who cares about me everyday, not just after the funeral, when you'll wish you smiled in the halls more, or acknowledged that I existed still.
Which season will you join me in? I need to know which coat I should bring...


Comments