Twilight memories
Ok. I am not sure what the heck is wrong with me, but we were driving home from the lake at twilight.
And, I am in tears. Again.
There is something about that red haze left from the sun going down, and the cooling summer evening air. It threw me into a Deja vu. It reminded me of the many summer nights I spent at summer camp where after dinner we'd head back to the cabin and bundle up in sweatshirts and long pants and socks after spending the day in swimsuits and flip flops and stinky tennis shoes and shorts, our hair never quite dry from sweat and lake water. We needed to be cozy and warm to sit by the big bonfire. At the bonfire we'd sing worship songs, fun songs, and smile and even cry with joy at the life we experienced that day.
At that bonfire is where I met Jesus. Ok, now this story is turning a tad bit religious so hold on...
I hope this doesn't sound weird, but, for me I see Jesus in the warmth of the sun, in the comfort of fuzzy sweatpants, in the blaze of the campfire, and in the pulse in my warm blood.
Sometimes a flood of emotions comes with a feeling of warmth. I felt it again tonight, on a simple drive home, and a story told to my son of a memory that will always stick with me.

Comments