The moment being "enough" seems cliché
When I am feeling bad about myself, I make a list of the top ten things I hate about myself:
1. Always the fat one
2. Procrastinator
3. Too emotional
4. Shares too much information with people who don't care
5. Terrible with money
6. Don't bring in enough money
7. Can't keep the house spotless
8. Gives unwanted advice
9. Bad hair
10. No style
And that is just negative. I don't want to be a negative nancy. So, I guess I should turn those negatives into positives. Here goes.
1. Healthier than many. Even though I am overweight, I don't get sick often, eat healthy, and try to do something everyday to get healthier. Just because a person is thin, doesn't mean they are healthy.
2. I work great under pressure.
3. I feel what I feel and show it rather than bottling it up or seeming cold hearted.
4. Helps me to weed out the people who really matter to me, those who care to hear about my day and call. I will continue to reach out.
5. People over things.
6. Doing what I love...teaching. Will have my own classroom again sooner than later. It doesn't bring in a lot of money, but at least I am making a difference in someone's life other than my own.
7. Clean and spotless homes are uncomfortable to me. And I would rather spend my time on other things.
8. I do it with good intentions. Those who don't think it's with good intention don't know my heart.
9. ....less hair to worry about?
10. Secure in my comfort. Not superficial. I don't want to be superficial.
That really didn't make me feel better, but I am sure some people can relate.

Comments